Activities & Summer Meal Programs
Experience tells us that fun activities are an important part of attracting kids to meal sites – and this is especially true for rural sites.
- Kickoff Events
- The Learning Kitchen
- Summer Food Summer Moves Activities Guide
- Information about the 'summer slide' and unhealthy weight gain
Did you know that Master Gardeners are required to complete 40 hours of volunteer work? Pairing summer meals with garden education is a great way to offer enrichment activities and engage children around healthy foods. Contact UVM Extension to learn more and be connected with a Master Gardener near you.
- CLiF Summer Readers- storytelling event and book giveaway for participating children
- Vermont Arts Council Arts Impact- fund artistic learning opportunities at afterschool or summer meal sites
- VCGN Gardens for Learning- grant and technical assistance opportunity to support garden and nutrition education