Each quarter, our Executive Director offers a conference call to anyone in our community who may be interested in learning more about what we are up to and what is happening in the anti-hunger movement. Listen to recordings of recent calls below and see the schedule for upcoming calls! We hope to have you join us next time!
2016 Quarterly Conference Call Schedule
- Tuesday, March 8th 12-1pm
- Tuesday, June 14th at 12-1pm
- Tuesday, September 13th 12-1pm
- Tuesday, December 13th 12-1pm
- Call the Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 432-0370
- When prompted enter the Participant Access Code: 920458#
2016 Conference Call Recordings
- 2016 Quarter 1: March 8th Recording Hear about Marissa's visit to Washington DC for the White House's A Conversation on Hunger in America. Get updates from Montpelier, and learn how Hunger Free Vermont gears up for summer and what we are seeing now in schools who have moved to breakfast after the bell.
- 2016 Quarter 2: June 14th Recording Hear updates from our work on a range of coalitions during the recently wrapped up legislative session; learn more about our work gearing up for the summer meals season; get news about Hunger Council expansion next steps as well as highlights from May's gubernatorial forum.
- 2016 Quarter 3: September 13th Recording Hear about this year's summer meals successes; learn about our work on Universal School Meals as students get back to school; find out about the creative ways schools can deliver breakfast after the bell and get more information about the ongoing Breakfast After the Bell Challenge.
- 2016 Quarter 4: September 13th Recording Marissa Parisi provides highlights from the great work accomplished this year; hear about the future of nutrition programs in the new administration and learn about a few immediate steps the community can take to make an impact.
2015 Conference Call Recordings
- 2015 Quarter 1: March 10th Recording Just back from DC, Marissa highlights some of her key learnings from the Food Research and Action Center conference including recent findings that support the concept of “food as medicine”. She also touches on VT’s incredible triumph implementing Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) to over 30 schools throughout the state, serving 7,000 students.
- 2015 Quarter 2: June 9th Recording Hear updates from our work on a range of coalitions during the recently wrapped up legislative session; get a sneak preview of our strategic plan to be voted on by our board on June 10th; and learn about our summer meals rankings and how to learn about summer meal programs this summer!
FOLLOW-UP NOTES FROM JUNE 9th CALL:
- Learn how to be appointed to the Blue Ribbon Commission
- Get the full list of summer meal sites in Vermont
- Follow-up Info: Governor Shumlin's original proposal of $16 million was reduced to $5.46 million for FY17 to invest in Vermont's IT infrastructure.
- 2015 Quarter 3: September Unfortunately due to technical difficulties, we do not have a recording for this call.
- 2015 Quarter 4: December 15 Hear from Faye Conte, Advocacy and Education Director, on the latest accomplishments of our work in the community. Also on this call, Executive Director, Marissa Parisi, keeps listeners informed of the recent theft uncovered at Hunger Free Vermont and our plan for moving forward.