Hunger Council OF Rutland County
With support from the Canaday Family Trust, the Hunger Council of Rutland County was launched on March 22nd, 2016.
The Co-Chairs of this Hunger Council are:
- Jesse Pyles, Executive Director of Smokey House Center
- Pastor John M. Longworth, Pastor of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and Little Lambs Early Learning Center
most recent meeting of the Hunger Council of rutland county:
The Hunger Council last met on June 11th at Green Mountain College in Poultney. Council members focused on a number of local developments - gleaning, summer meals kick off, and the community kitchen inventory - and ways to support them. The meeting agenda is available HERE and meeting minutes are available HERE.
The next quarterly meeting of the Hunger Council of Rutland County will be in late August or September.
2017/2018 Meeting Schedule:
- October 2, 2017 - Asa Bloomer State Office Building, Room 266, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland
- December 11, 2017 - Green Mountain College, The Gorge Room, 1 Brennan Circle, Poultney
- March 19, 2018 - Asa Bloomer State Office Building, Room 266, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland
- June 11, 2018 - Green Mountain College, The Booth Lounge, Withey Hall, 1 Brennan Circle, Poultney
All meetings, unless otherwise noted, are from 2:00 - 4:00. Meeting locations rotate between Rutland City and Poultney as indicated above.