Hunger Council OF Rutland County
With support from the Canaday Family Trust, the Hunger Council of Rutland County was launched on March 22nd, 2016.
The Co-Chairs of this Hunger Council are:
- Jesse Pyles, Executive Director of Smokey House Center
- Pastor John M. Longworth, Pastor of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and Little Lambs Early Learning Center
most recent meeting of the Hunger Council of rutland county:
The Hunger Council last on October 2nd to focus on the Social Determinants of Health and the connection between food access and health. The meeting agenda is available HERE and meeting minutes are available HERE.
The Hunger Council meets next on December 11th to connect with Rutland County state legislators. More information and a draft agenda will be available closer to the meeting date.
2017/2018 Meeting Schedule:
- October 2, 2017 - Asa Bloomer State Office Building, Room 266, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland
- December 11, 2017 - Green Mountain College, The Gorge Room, 1 Brennan Circle, Poultney
- March 19, 2018 - Asa Bloomer State Office Building, Room 266, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland
- June 18, 2018 - Green Mountain College, The Gorge Room, 1 Brennan Circle, Poultney
All meetings, unless otherwise noted, are from 2:00 - 4:00. Meeting locations rotate between Rutland City and Poultney as indicated above.