Hunger Council OF Chittenden County
The Hunger Council of Chittenden County was one of the first two pilot councils launched with support from Northfield Savings Bank in 2006. Chittenden and Washington Counties are Vermont’s two most populous counties and pioneered the Hunger Council model. Both Chittenden and Washington County Councils have been instrumental in:
- Expanding access to 3SquaresVT (formerly known as food stamps) to more Vermonters statewide.
- Passing state legislation to provide free breakfast to all low-income students in Vermont in 2008 and in advocating for the passage of similar legislation for lunch in 2013.
- Passing the 2009 Child Nutrition Omnibus bill that helped feed children during the summer, in school, and in afterschool programs.
The Co-Chairs of this Hunger Council are:
- Amy Carmola, Director of Community Impact & Volunteer Mobilization at the United Way of Chittenden County
- Travis Poulin, Director, Chittenden Community Action
MOST RECENT HUNGER COUNCIL OF CHITTENDEN COUNTY MEETING:
UPCOMING HUNGER COUNCIL OF CHITTENDEN COUNTY MEETINGS:
The Hunger Council of Chittenden County meets next on Monday, September 18th. The draft agenda is available HERE.
2017/2018 Meeting Schedule:
- September 18th, 2017
- November 27th, 2017
- January 22nd, 2018
- April 9th, 2018
All meetings, unless otherwise noted, are at the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, 110 West Canal Street, Winooski, from 1:30 - 3:30.
Hunger Council membership is open to anyone interested in increasing food security in the community. For more information on the Hunger Councils, contact Jenna Banning, Hunger Council Organizer, at email@example.com .
Meeting Minutes Archives:
January 12, 2009 - Joint Meeting with the Hunger Council of Washington County