Hunger Council of Bennington County
With support from the Canaday Family Trust, we are excited to have launched the Hunger Council of Bennington County on Tuesday, March 29th, 2016. This Hunger Council is the 10th Council to have been launched, completing statewide Hunger Council coverage and ensuring that food insecurity and nutrition issues from all part of the state are being addressed in regional community forums.
The Co-Chairs of the Council are:
- Susan Fox, former Executive Director, Meals on Wheels of Bennington County
- Kathy O'Reilly, Chronic Health Designee, Vermont Department of Health - Bennington District Office
MOST RECENT HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington COUNTY MEETING:
The Hunger Council last met on March 28th, in partnership with the CAPA Food Clinic at Bennington College. The group heard from a panel of speakers to learn about Act 148 - the Universal Recycling Law - and its impacts on the local food system in Bennington County. The meeting agenda is available HERE; meeting minutes are available HERE.
Upcoming HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington County MEETINGs:
The Hunger Council meets next on June 13th at the Martha Canfield Library in Arlington. The group will be focusing on the potential effects of the Farm Bill's Reauthorization by Congress on food security, and ways to get engaged in supporting stronger safety net programs. The draft agenda is available HERE.
2017 / 2018 meeting schedule:
- September 27, 2017, 12:00 - 2:00 at Bennington College's CAPA Symposium Room, 1 College Drive, Bennington.
- December 6th, 2017, 12:00 - 2:00 at the Methodist Church Building, 66 Ice Pond Road, East Arlington
- March 28th, 2018, 12:00 - 2:00 at Bennington College's CAPA Symposium Room
- June 13th, 2018, 12:00 - 2:00 at the Martha Canfield Library, 528 East Arlington Road, Arlington [NOTE Location Change]
Attendance and Hunger Council membership is open to anyone with an interest in ending hunger in the community. Please contact Jenna O'Donnell, Hunger Council Manager, at email@example.com for more information and if you are interested in learning more or joining the Council.