Hunger Council of Bennington County
With support from the Canaday Family Trust, we are excited to have launched the Hunger Council of Bennington County on Tuesday, March 29th, 2016. This Hunger Council is the 10th Council to have been launched, completing statewide Hunger Council coverage and ensuring that food insecurity and nutrition issues from all part of the state are being addressed in regional community forums.
The Co-Chairs of the Council are:
- Susan Fox, former Executive Director, Meals on Wheels of Bennington County
- Kathy O'Reilly, Chronic Health Designee, Vermont Department of Health - Bennington District Office
MOST RECENT HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington COUNTY MEETING:
The Bennington County Hunger Council last met on Wednesday, March 22nd, at the Methodist Church Building of the Federated Church of East Arlington. The meeting focused on learning more about the summer meal and food programs across the county.
Upcoming HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington County MEETINGs:
The Hunger Council next meets on Wednesday, June 14th, from 10:00 - 12:00 at the First Congregational Church in Manchester. More information and the draft agenda will be available nearer to the meeting date.
2016 / 2017 meeting schedule:
- October 12th, 2016, 10:00 - 12:00 - St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 200 Pleasant Street, Bennington
- January 11th, 20117, 10:00 - 12:00 - Vermont Department of Health - Bennington District Office, 324 Main Street, Bennington
- March 22nd, 2017, 10:00 - 12:00 - Methodist Church Building - 66 Ice Pond Road, Arlington.
- June 14th, 2017, 10:00 - 12:00 - First Congregational Church of Manchester, 3624 Main Street, Manchester Village.
Attendance and Hunger Council membership is open to anyone with an interest in ending hunger in the community. Please contact Jenna Banning, Hunger Council Organizer, at email@example.com for more information and if you are interested in joining the Council.