Hunger Council of Bennington County
With support from the Canaday Family Trust, we are excited to have launched the Hunger Council of Bennington County on Tuesday, March 29th, 2016. This Hunger Council is the 10th Council to have been launched, completing statewide Hunger Council coverage and ensuring that food insecurity and nutrition issues from all part of the state are being addressed in regional community forums.
The Co-Chairs of the Council are:
- Susan Fox, former Executive Director, Meals on Wheels of Bennington County
- Kathy O'Reilly, Chronic Health Designee, Vermont Department of Health - Bennington District Office
MOST RECENT HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington COUNTY MEETING:
The Hunger Council last met on September 27th from 12:00 - 2:00 at Bennington College's CAPA Department. This was a joint meeting with the CAPA Food Clinic, and focused on connecting with Bennington State Legislators. The meeting agenda is available HERE and meeting minutes are available HERE.
Upcoming HUNGER COUNCIL of Bennington County MEETINGs:
The Hunger Council meets next on December 6th at the Methodist Church Building, 66 Ice Pond Road, East Arlington. The Council will be exploring the food and other resources available to the local veterans population and ways to get engaged. More information and a draft agenda will be available closer to the meeting date.
2017 / 2018 meeting schedule:
- September 27, 2017, 12:00 - 2:00 at Bennington College's CAPA Symposium Room, 1 College Drive, Bennington.
- December 6th, 2017, 12:00 - 2:00 at the Methodist Church Building, 66 Ice Pond Road, East Arlington
- March 28th, 2018, 12:00 - 2:00 at Bennington College's CAPA Symposium Room
- June 13th, 2018, 12:00 - 2:00 at the Methodist Church Building
Attendance and Hunger Council membership is open to anyone with an interest in ending hunger in the community. Please contact Jenna O'Donnell, Hunger Council Organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and if you are interested in joining the Council.